- Check for loose connections:
Make sure your headset / microphone are plugged into your PC correctly.
Try unplugging and replugging in your devices and see if plugging them into a different sound port changes anything (directly into the motherboard rather than into the front of the case)
- Check your Steam voice settings and devices
- Hit ‘Friends & Chat’ in the bottom right of Steam
- Hit the cog icon in the top right of the friends menu for settings
- Go to ‘Voice’
- Check over your voice input device and levels
- Have only 1 sound input device enabled:
- Open windows control panel
- Go to ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Go to ‘Sound’
- Go to ‘Recording’
- Make sure you only have the 1 input device you are wanting to use marked as enabled and all others disabled.
- Update all sound drivers
Open ‘device manager’ on windows and right-click all drivers under ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ to check for updates. Automatically check for and install any updates. If your headset / microphone has its own software check for updates there also.
Article is closed for comments.